We made posters, fliers and postcards to remind everyone of the date and time....and we had a great turn out.
When they arrived, we had cones in the parking lot set up to guide them through the process....to three different "stations" for their Tune Up!
The first stop was to complete a check list to measure each Visiting Teacher's spark, fuel, oil, and pressure!
While they were filling out their form, Yvonne and Becky performed a great service for each of the sisters that participated, washing their windshield to a perfect shine!
Then, the sisters pulled up to the next station, where I was able to visit and spend some time discussing their Visiting Teaching assignments. We sure have some great ladies in our ward that love and care about one another!
We even had a few dedicated sisters who came through the line on their bicycles!
Each sister got a sticker put in the corner of their windshield to remind them that their service is needed and appreciated each and every month!


Then, we gave each sister a "Warranty" packet, with notes, reminders, book marks, quotes, and everything she needs to keep her Visiting Teaching efforts going strong!
The sisters kept all of us busy, and we were so excited when we saw yet another car (or bike!) turn into the parking lot!
Finally, at the last station, each sister received a Visiting Teaching Maintenance Kit with a few things to keep them going strong!.
They also got a muffin and a water bottle (with this label) and we sent them on their way!
I love the sisters in our ward, and am so thankful for their quiet, dedicated service to one another. And today, I was especially grateful for these three ladies....who serve with me so faithfully and diligently.
















12 comments:
Oh, Heather!! You are my hero! What a fun, creative idea! Just wish you were planning girl's camp with me again. I am the Stake YW Pres as of two months and camp is in 5 weeks. It all comes together because Heavenly Father loves his girls! Miss you and so enjoy your blog.
What a neat way to "tune" things up! It helps get the creative juices flowing for sure. Thanks for posting!
This is absolutely awesome! Do you have these things available to print?? I would love to do this in our ward to get my sisters "pumped" about their visiting teaching!!
This is adorable!!! Do you have these things available to print?? I would LOVE to do this in our ward to get the sisters "pumped" about visiting teaching!
What a super idea! Would you be able to contact me? We'd love to do something very similar here.
Thanks!
Paula Copeland
What a great idea!!! Is it OK to replicate it here in Oklahoma? Please contact me.
Paula Copeland
Norman 2nd
I LOVE this! We are planning on doing this in our ward in Sept. Can you PLEASE email me and let me know where we can get the clipart that you used? We love love LOVE it. Thanks
lori.mower@charter.net
I love this! Can you PLEASE tell me where you found the clipart that you have used??
I love this! Can you PLEASE tell me where you found the clipart that you have used??
This is AWESOME!!
This is AWESOME!!
Thanks for the many comments and emails I have received regarding this post. It really was a great activity, and a lot of fun to put together, and YES!!! I am absolutely happy to share my clip art with you! I have a packet with clip art you can use and adapt to your own ward, and I'll be happy to send it to you all. Email me (heather.gwilliam@gmail.com) if you would like to use any of the clip art for your Visiting Teaching Tune Up activity! --Heather
Post a Comment