Monday, February 13, 2012

Are You Sirius?

I had a 30 minute chat with a Sirius XM online assistance representative tonight that both angered and amused me. Angered me, because it consumed a half hour of my time, since Andrew took about 5 minutes to formulate every one of his expert responses. Amused me, because I can't believe I went through this ridiculous process to get to an answer that should have been given after my initial question. What else can you do but laugh? Sirius-ly.

Andrew: Hi, my name is Andrew, Thank you for contacting SiriusXM. How may I help you?
Heather Gwilliam: I currently have one vehicle with a Sirius subscription and already have an established online account. I'm trying to add a subscription for a new vehicle, but your Online Account Center is requiring me to set up a separate account for the new vehicle. I would like to consolidate the two accounts into one rather than have two separate accounts. Can you help me consolidate two accounts into one?

Andrew: I will be happy to assist you.
Andrew: May I know if your Radio on your existing account and the new Radio you are willing to add are ( all Sirius ) or ( all XM )?
Heather Gwilliam: I currently have one vehicle on Sirius and one vehicle on XM. The new vehicle I am registering will be added to the Sirius plan.
Andrew: Thank you.
Andrew: As I understand, your new Radio is Sirius. Is that correct?
Heather Gwilliam: Yes.
Andrew: Thank you.
Andrew: Do you have existing account with that Radio?
Heather Gwilliam: Yes, as stated previously. Acct # 109595xxxxxx
Andrew: Thank you.
Andrew: I am sorry Heather, as you already have an existing account with that Radio you will have to consolidate those two accounts.
Andrew: Please call to our authorized department that handles consolidations of accounts.
Andrew: In order to process your request please call Listener Care at (866) 635-2349.

Heather Gwilliam: Thank you. You've been ever so helpful.



No comments: