Monday, January 16, 2012

Scripture Speak

A simple dinner invite can become exceptionally complicated when Tyler and I get involved in the planning--we do much of our email and chats in a special language we call "Scripture Speak." For example, tonight we are meeting for dinner, and the conversation could have gone something like this:

Tyler: I'm excited for dinner tonight.
Mom: What time did we decide to meet?
Tyler: Oh, didn't Amy tell you? 5:30
Mom: Okay, I'll be there.
Tyler: Great.


Instead, our "Scripture Speak" conversation went like this:

Tyler: Heather, I am exceedingly happy to share a meal with you this fine evening.

me: Yea, and as the eve approached, the hunger grew stronger, until at last, the Heathen threw herself upon the ground, weeping with humility unto her son. And she cried, "What time wilt thou feed thine mother." And the son told her, and whence, she came.

Tyler: And the son wept and said unto his mother, hast not thou been told by she who is most fair above all others, and lo, the son saith unto thee, in this day thou shalt hunger, but at 5:30 thy hunger shall be filled and thy thirst quenched.

me: And it came to pass that the mother did enter her chariot, and she arrived at the appointed hour to sup with her children.

Tyler: And they all rejoiced.

3 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That is awesome!

Natalie said...

This is HILARIOUS!! You make me laugh!! Sup with her children haha

Marissa said...

I'm totally blog stalking..but this is too funny!!! Thanks for sharing!