Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baltimore Babies

What a great couple of days I've been able to spend in Baltimore with my grandbabies. That's right. Plural. GrandbabIES. As in "more than one."

Griffin Scott Gwilliam was born on September 3rd at 7:29 p.m. in Johns Hopkins Hospital. He arrived in a rush (2.5 hours from start to finish) and is an absolute sweetheart.

It almost seems impossible that I could love anyone more than little Gavin, but holding baby Griffin for even just a few minutes makes it almost impossible to think about leaving him here. I know that the next time I see him (Christmas?) he will already be so different.

Gavin is more and more fun everytime we're together, and is, in my unbiased opinion, an absolute genius. He loves to play with anything with buttons, (i.e. dads laptop and the cable TV box) and could spend hours every day reading book after book after book.

One of the cutest things he's learned to do this trip is to feed himself with a spoon. Unlike most beginners, Gavin is very neat, and never misses his mouth.

Little Griffin has been out with us a few times to get a bite of lunch, to walk at the park, to buy the now necessary double stroller. He's not too happy when he first gets buckled in, but so far, he absolutely loves the car. (Notice the cute blanket my friend, Vickie, sent with me...)

Gavin has been a sweet older brother so far, and comes to get mom immediately when the baby cries, or takes a little blanket and covers Griffin up (just his feet--not his face) when he's laying on the sofa.
Jim couldn't be more thrilled with his two boys, and couldn't wait to put Grif in the U of U gear I tucked in my suitcase. The booties and bib were a hit, and Gavin added his Utes sleepers on game night so the three Gwilliam boys could celebrate the U's victory in appropriate attire.

Sweet little Griffin is a good sleeper, and when he gets tired, he yawns, fusses a tiny bit, then goes to sleep. Let's hope he keeps this up!


I love these sweet little boys (and their parents, for letting me come and spend the last few days with them!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the picture of the Utah's shirts! Go Utah!