Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finally: A Jump after the Slump!

After 4 months of rehab, the doctors and coaches all agree that it is finally okay for Lauren to take a few tentative attempts at high jumping again. She donned her very attractive (an apparently annoying) knee brace to stablize her injured knee, and participated in today's Taylorsville High School Invitational. Although she hasn't jumped since last year's state championship 11 months ago, it sure seemed to come back naturally to her. Lauren cleared 5'0", which she was pretty pleased with for her first day back.Lauren carefully contemplates her approach...
Still has the approach down right, with a nice tight "J" turn...

Yep! She can still do this jumping stuff!

2 comments:

Berryessa Bloggers said...

You are awesome Lauren. I'm glad you are mended.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Awesome!! Congrats Lauren. I still remember when you used to walk around on your toes as a little kid. I guess it is paying off.