Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Why I Don't Run (The Difference Between the Runner...and the Non Runnner)

Several of my nephews and nieces--the more fit and trim of our extended family--have formed a team and will be participating in the Southern California Ragnar Relay in April.  My niece, KD, is heading up organizing the family team--"Must Be Savages" and sends out a monthly newsletter full of the participant's inspiring stories about their love and devotion to running.
And, I feel a burning need to add my story to theirs. But what can I possibly contribute to a publication  centered around people who are committed to healthy lifestyles and fitness?  How can I reach those people and help them understand my lack of interest in their passion?

Okay, I'll admit.  They look waaaaaaaay better than me.  And I envy that.  People who eat healthy and run incessantly just plain look good.  And really, how many 52 year olds look lean and fit and trim anyway? Well, other than Madonna.

In my effort to improve understanding among members of our family Ragnar team, I decided to create this  handy little guide for my family's reference to help them understand the differences between them (The Runner) and me (The Non-Runner).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! Well written. :) As a previous runner/runner on vacation at the moment I can totally hear both sides of the argument. I hear the arguments every time I think about going running...lol. Recently the non-runner wins. Keep up the good work. :)

-Heather Richardson