Sunday, August 14, 2011

Final Transmission

As July slipped into August, I realized we've been busy doing a lot of things the past few weeks. This summer brought a little bit of down time, and so Scott decided this was the year he was going to change out the transmission in his Camaro. He's been wanting to remove the Muncie M22 that he originally installed when he restored the car, and replace it with the Tremek 5 speed top loader transmission that he bought a year ago. Yes, readers, this is the transmission he ordered and scheduled to be delivered last year when I had some surgery...thinking that perhaps it would be delivered while I was recuperating, and that I would never discover it. I found it the next day, so Scott had to confess with a sheepish grin that he had "another" Camaro project afoot. Finally, the last couple of weeks, he got help from Landon, Richie, and Tyler to come and make the modifications. I made him promise that this was his "final transmission."


In the midst of the mechanical madness, we managed to drag them out of the garage long enough to see little Lily, Lauren and I did a little shopping and got manicures.

We also celebrated Richie's birthday. He asked for Steak, so we went to the Stockman's Steakhouse...one of our new favorites.

Going out for steaks isn't always an option for the poor college students, so Richie asked for a grill for their balcony to throw on a couple of burgers now and then. We bought him the accessories--the cover and the stand; and then Lauren gave him the grill. He cooked on it for his birthday, and then decided to grill again the next day for lunch. There is a REALLY great story that accompanies that....but maybe Lauren and Richie will post that part on their own blog.

Two candles plus three candles does not equal five. It equals 23. That's just how our mind's work.

Little Lily was thrilled with all the excitement!

After all the transmission and tinkering were complete, Richie's final birthday gift was to get to drive the Camaro.

And the past weekend, we were invited to join a few other families to attend a Bee's game. Bumble came to our suite to watch the game with us for a while!

We are so happy about the time we're able to spend with our kids...More of that coming soon!

No comments: