Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Larry Bird is Called to Serve

Our extended family started a fun tradition almost 20 years ago, when Larry Bird was in his NBA prime. Along the way, "Larry" was given a missionary tag, donned a snazzy tie, and voila! He is a missionary! Since that time, "Elder Bird" has been shipped all over the world, serving from Australia to Romania, Texas to Argentina...sharing the gospel with his companions. So it is now time to ship Elder Bird off for a few transfers in San Antonio, Texas, to serve for a spell with Elder Gwilliam.





I expect Elder Bird will return home with Elder Gwilliam, tucked between the straps of his backpack, sometime the first week of August. Farewell, Elder Bird.

3 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Yay!!! I wondered what happened to that thing. He really did enjoy Ukraine!! Cant believe Landon will be home that soon. How exciting.

Rick and Eden said...

I showed Ricky this post and he just laughed. He couldn't believe that Larry Bird was still around after all of these years.

Rick and Eden said...

I showed Ricky this post and he just laughed. He couldn't believe that Larry Bird was still around after all of these years.