Well, Lauren and I did have an absolutely hilarious day Thursday as we loaded all of her belongings into the back of her car and mine. We wouldn't have won any awards for efficiency, but even with no man to assist us, we got it all to fit. And once we got it all to Logan, we lugged it inside, and it filled up her room. We pushed a few things aside, and then got busy building the desk, chair, shelves, etc.
We were so grateful that we have been trained to know what an Allen Wrench is. We were able to just pop these things together without hardly even reading the instructions! Almost like a man!
Well, we may have had just a few problems with the desk drawer, but we wisely elected to assemble the desk without one. I mean really....drawers are highly overrated.
So we finally got (most of) the desk assembled properly. Word has it that it was still standing the following morning. Of course, Lauren hadn't yet installed her printer....which weighs approximately 13 pounds.
We're pretty proud of this engineering marvel, the over the bed shelf which assembled without any tools at all. I just hope the shelves don't come crashing down on her head while she sleeps.
The zebra print shower curtain and towels are likely to be the wildest Lauren will get in Logan. Right, honey?
And with a final goodbye (oh, and slipping an extra hundred bucks into her hand as I left) Lauren begins her life away from home! Good luck honey....you'll do great!
2 comments:
I can't believe she is old enough to be in college. Her room is very cute - impressive. Does she live alone? It is good to hear that you will miss your kids. Some days I can't wait for them to leave. (: I guess I have a little while before that happens.
Her room is adorable! Wow, that totally brings me back when my mom and dad left me. I love USU! Go Aggies!
Post a Comment