Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oh, Baby!

Okay, I'll admit it....I have dropped a few very subtle hints to the kids that I wouldn't object to becoming a grandma, even though I am extremely young for that title. For example, I thought I would just give my daughters-in-law something to think about when I gave them each a Cabbage Patch Newborn Baby "Jaime Bridget" and a Baby Name Book last Christmas. You know...very subtle. Just in case they were thinking of making me wait 5 years to become a grandma or some foolish notion like that.
Imagine my pleasure, then, when I received Jaime Bridget back for my birthday last month! Even covered in wrapping paper, I recognized her immediately! She arrived with a very special and touching poem (that was embarassingly generous on compliments!) that Jim and Kathie wrote:

Happy birthday to a wonderful mother,
Who's given us so very much.
Your patience and love's undivided
Your influence, a far reaching touch.

You've given us a wonderful example
Of what we would like to become.
You've many skills we would like to acquire,
Our work has just begun.

For Christmas, you gave us this baby,
To practice and gain skills of our own.
As we've practiced and planned for a family
Our excitement has expanded and grown.

Your baby is a senior in high school.
Your three boys have grown and gone.
It's been a while since you cared for an infant,
So we thought we would pass this one on.

Now the time has come at last,
We're excited to finally say
March 12th is our sweet baby's due date.
You'll be a GRANDMA! Hooray!

You are probably trying to figure out what the kids gave Scott for his birthday that could possibly top this wonderful gift? He received an ultrasound photo!!!!

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Congrats Heather!! That's wonderful news.