Monday, June 18, 2012

CDO: "OCD in Alphabetical Order, Like it Should Be"

We've joked about some of our children having "OCD Tendencies" and honestly don't know where that comes from.  :-)  A few of our kids take OCD to the extreme, and we therefore call them CDO--a long standing joke in our family.  It means that you've put the letters in alphabetical order.  Like they should be.

I've been teased over the years for being organized, but I would not consider any of my behaviors OCD.  Lauren and Richie, on the other hand, definitely have "The Tendencies." They moved to a new apartment last week, and while most people would be living out of boxes and bags for several weeks while they get settled, these guys had the entire apartment filled, decorated, organized, color coded, cross referenced and alphabetized the day the move was complete.

You think I'm kidding?  I snapped a photo of the DVD/BluRay shelf, only to provide evidence that there are people in the world who truly alphabetize their movies.

















And here is the neatly labeled canvas totes, all placed equidistant upon the shelves.


I didn't venture a peek into the kitchen cupboards, but I'll bet the spices are categorized by color? Bottle size? Country of origin?  You decide.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

I used to keep my movies in alphabetical until I had kids that emptied the DVD case every day. I bet in a year or two they give it up. ;)

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Haha Kathie. I was going to say the same thing. They are in for a big surprise when the baby arrives. Now I'm just lucky if the movies are shoved on the shelf, not even with the right movies in cases or all stacked horizontally. That is probably making them cringe in their seats as I write it. (: