It seems amazing that we were married before the personal computer and the cell phone was a common household item... We were married in the midst of the Cold War, right after Ronald Reagan took office, and Walter Cronkite signed off the air for good. Charles and Diana married, MTV launched and IBM released the original 5150 IBM PC. The American hostages in Iran were finally released after 14 months of captivity, the first heart-lung transplant was performed and the first female Supreme Court Justice was appointed. The first recognized cases of AIDS appeared and Pope John Paul II was shot. At the box office, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Chariots of Fire, Arthur, and On Golden Pond were all hits. The price of gas was $0.90 per gallon, and a first class stamp was $0.18. And, it is no small coincidence that Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" was at the top of the charts back in 1981!
It makes it seem so long ago....and this picture proves it!
Thirty years (and 30 pounds) later, I can only express how grateful I am to have such a steady, patient, capable, hardworking and unselfish husband to share my life with. I feel so blessed to have Scott in my life.


A bit of 30th anniversary trivia.... the traditional 30th anniversary gift is pearls, and the modern gift is diamonds. Scott picked out a pair of gorgeous pearl and diamond earrings to surprise me with!! The traditional flower is a Lily, but our "Lily" came in the form of a beautiful granddaughter, just a few weeks earlier.


4 comments:
Congratulations Scott and Heather!! We sure do love you!! We didn't know you at the beginning of your 30 year journey together, but feel honored to have known you for, what?, 26 of those years??? Can it be possible?? Happy Anniversary to two of our favorite people!!
Love you
Brian and Denise
This is so cute! I love you guys and I love your blog! Congrats on 3 decades!
Congrats u guys. Was I really only 3 when u got married? How about some pictures of those beautiful flower dresses.
Yay for you guys! I love you and am so happy you got married. I love being apart of your family!
Post a Comment