Monday, July 5, 2010

The Final Four

We're almost down to the final four weeks for Landon's mission. He is still serving in San Antonio for his last transfer, and his new companion, Elder Maka, keeps taunting him about how little time he has left. Although Landon is trying hard not to think about it, other missionaries keep giving him those little reminders too.... Landon says: "I am really excited for the last month I have left, despite receiving constant reminders of the amount of time remaining--one missionary actually calculated the percentage of my mission I have completed. I am at roughly 95.35%! We were talking to Sister Pike, one of the senior missionaries in the office, and she asked me how much time I had left. I told her my usual "a little more than a year and a half" and she said,"Oh wait, you go home with the August group. In fact I just had President Jones sign your release certificate yesterday!" Elder Maka had a good laugh about it. I was not as amused. I really love the missionary mindset and way of life. I love being able to bear my testimony to people in a personal, one-on-one setting."


Landon's last companion, Elder Maka, is from Boise Idaho, but both of them wanted to demonstrate that they've become "True Texans."


He's still working hard, and was so thrilled that Becky and Vanessa both decided to be baptised a few weeks ago.


The missionaries were asked to sing the National Anthem at a local baseball game.


In spite of not wanting to be reminded of his diminishing time as a missionary, he still has a sense of humor about it....Elder Maka snapped this photo so that Landon could remind me that he's coming home soon. As if I had forgotten.....

No comments: