Monday, February 1, 2010

Trials in Texas....



I've been thinking about Landon much more than usual this past week, and offering extra prayers for him, as a companion he loves and cares about had some challenges, and Landon has dealt with some difficult circumstances this week. I am so proud of Landon for the maturity he demonstrates and the spiritual depth he has developed in the last eighteen months. I love how he is able to find some positive things amidst the trials. Landon wrote a beautiful letter home expressing his feelings...here is part of it:
I don't think I have ever been so grateful at any time to be a missionary. Just talking [to my companion]and bearing testimony about how much my mission experience has changed me and how happy it makes me to be able to change others' lives through the gospel has really helped me gain an appreciation for all of those things. I really love serving the Lord and our brothers and sisters. I have really gained an understanding of agency this week, and I think I better understand how our Heavenly Father feels when we miss out on blessings because of the choices we make. I have been thinking the last couple of days about a phrase in the TSAM purpose statement, "stand for truth, and return with honor." That line has gained greater significance for me over the past few weeks. I don't think it refers to a mission at all. I think it is talking about our time here in mortality. Always stand for truth, so that you can return with honor to our Heavenly Father at that last day.






No comments: