Monday, February 9, 2009

One Month Check Up

It's just 30 days...one month...until baby G arrives, so even though I just saw the kids a month ago, I felt it my grandmotherly duty to go to Baltimore over the weekend to perform an official "One Month Check Up." I have to say, Kathie is absolutely unbelievable, popping out of chairs and off the floor like a svelte and elegant dancer, trooping through Babies R Us like a fitness instructor, and demonstrating a general surplus of energy and enthusiasm. So, I officially pronounce her "ready to go!" They have their place fixed up so cute, and now there are smatterings of baby paraphernalia around the apartment, drawer after drawer of cute little boy clothes, diapers and breast pumps, blankets and binkies. And, Kathie's mom has reservations to arrive (hopefully) just in time to help! I feel so blessed to have had this quick weekend with the kids to help them prepare for that long awaited day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're going to be a grandma so soon!!! Woohoo!! It'll be tough having him so far away, darn it. Someone should make a Far Away Grandbaby support group (heaven knows my mom will need one when we go). We would love to make a trip to SLC for dinner and my mom could babysit, for sure. I did take that pic with our new camera and I'm really excited about it. It really has been a great investment. Love you guys, and we'll plan on paying you a visit when it gets just a bit warmer. (And I'm so excited to decide what to make you ;) )